Episode 8: Episode Eight: North Perth CoC Chair talks social media post promoting People's Party event – Woodstein Media Podcast
- Episode 8: Episode Eight: North Perth CoC Chair talks social media post promoting People's Party event
- Episode 7: Episode Seven: Butch Haller offers a break from reality
- Episode 6: Episode Six: It Takes a Village
- Episode 5: Episode Five: Roshan James talks about deconstructing normality through art and poetry
- Episode 4: Episode Four: Jillian Clair confesses MVLL CRIMES
Harm reduction saves lives.
Joe Amero, a social worker in the Toronto shelter system, discusses his history of drug use and harm reduction. Joe discusses how his brother Harry’s overdose affected his family and how he dealt with his feeling through a one-person show he wrote titled Blood, the Drug User Liberation Front‘s compassion club actions where they distribute a clean supply of drugs to help stop overdoses due to drugs contaminated with Fentanyl, Drugs! The Musical, the Telethon! and songs by Hobo Banditos, the Hip Hop band he and Harry were in.
The interview for this episode was conducted in June 2022 in Hamilton, Ontario. It was the primary source for an article that was part of a three-part series on harm reduction and the Fentanyl overdose crisis. Joe Amero brings depth of lived experience to harm reduction in Toronto shelter system – Wood-stein.ca Media
Support Woodstein Media by becoming a Patron.
or by donating through Paypal Donate (paypal.com)
Or visit the main website to read, discuss and share articles.
Other links related to the topics discussed in this episode.
Overdose Awareness Rally DTES 2021
Consider supporting wood-stein.ca to keep the ideas flowing! Become a Patron!