(Behind-the-scenes photos on the set of Slaxx submitted by Elza Kephart.)
Episode 13: Episode 13: Steve Ignorant discusses the relevance of CRASS songs, modern motivation with Slice of Life and ongoing creative plans – Woodstein Media Podcast
- Episode 13: Episode 13: Steve Ignorant discusses the relevance of CRASS songs, modern motivation with Slice of Life and ongoing creative plans
- Episode 12: Episode 12: Punjabi singer Hira Dhariwal speaks about his passion for music and helping his community
- Episode 11: Episode 11: Dunstan Bruce contemplates aging & purpose via Interrobang, Am I Invisible Yet? and Chumbawamba film
- Episode 10: Episode Ten: Slaxx director Elza Kephart chats films, climate action and gender inequality in the film industry
- Episode 9: Episode Nine: Sam Tecle discusses what the call to Defund the Police means
Episode ten features a discussion with Elza Kephart, director of the feature films, Graveyard Alive, Go in the Wilderness and most recently, Slaxx, a socially conscious satirical horror-comedy that sharply informs on the evils of fair trade, corporate globalization and, fast fashion.
Although we do discuss the films and series, Kephart is developing. Much of this conversation focuses on her climate activism with Extinction Rebellion, the Ministry of the New Normal, and as a member of SCALE (Sectoral Climate Arts Leadership for the Emergency), and the Directors’ Guild of Canada’s National Sustainability and Climate Action Committee.
Support Woodstein Media by becoming a Patron or by donating through Paypal.
For more information about Kephart’s films, visit https://midnightkingdom.com/ and watch the trailer for Slaxx.
Links to more information about climate activism that was discussed on this podcast.
XR Extinction Rebellion Quebec
Sectoral Climate Arts Leadership for the Emergency
Directors’ Guild of Canada’s National Sustainability and Climate Action Committee
Another issue mentioned in the conversation was gender inequality in the film industry and while some progress might be being made, there is still much room for improvement.
The music in this episode is from the double album MESMERICA – EXPECT A CIRCUS by ex-Chumbawamba member Danbert Nobacon, Kira Wood Cramer & The Axis of Dissent.
Consider supporting wood-stein.ca to keep the ideas flowing! Become a Patron!